Abstract Submission Overview
Abstract submission is now open for the 2018 Society for Freshwater Science Annual Meeting to be held May 20-24 in Detroit, Michigan.
The deadline for submitting an abstract is Monday, 5 February at 23:59 U.S. Central Standard Time. Per SFS policy only one paper per first author will be accepted.
The theme of the 2018 Meeting is “Navigating Boundaries in Freshwater Science”.
Full conference registration is required for all primary presenters.
You can register for the annual meeting at http://sfsannualmeeting.org/Registration.cfm. You can also sign up for technical workshops, the 5K run and other events when you register. All on-site events will take place in the Cobo Center and in the adjacent Crowne Plaza Detroit Downtown Riverfront, the headquarters hotel. The deadline for early registration rates is April 1, 2018. Although meeting registration is not required at the time of abstract submittal, full meeting registration (not just one-day registration) is ultimately required for the primary presenter/author.
Special note for students submitting an abstract:
Students submitting an abstract are advised to proceed immediately to submit any requests for travel support from their various sources at the time of abstract submission rather than wait for acceptance and scheduling.
SUBMIT AN ABSTRACT:
When you submit your abstract, the submittal form will also list these topics. To help the program committee assign your abstract to an appropriate session, please designate your first, second, and third choices in the abstract form. All three choices must be indicated in order for your abstract to be considered.
As you format your abstract for submission please follow the abstract guidelines below:
- All abstracts must be in English, using metric units. Do not include illustrations, figures, or photos.
- The title of the abstract must be in all caps and must not exceed 160 characters. Spell out words. Do not use characters such as ampersands (&) in your title.
- The body of the abstract must adhere to a maximum count of 190 words, exclusive of the title and the author citations.
- Please make the abstract as informative and representative of your presentation as possible. Please do not use bold or underline formatting however, as this will be stripped out in the final, printed version of your abstract.
- Abstract submission is available electronically, via the conference web site link only. We cannot accept abstracts by fax or email.
- To accommodate all of the submitted abstracts and maximize the cohesiveness of individual sessions it may be necessary to accept for poster presentation some abstracts submitted for oral presentation, and, likewise, abstracts submitted for poster presentation may be accepted as oral presentations.
If you require assistance in submitting your abstract, please contact Conference Services at 435 797-7902, or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you submit your abstract, you will receive a confirmation and will be given a login and password for making necessary corrections. Please check your abstract for errors after you submit.
The primary presenting author will receive email confirmation when the abstract is received and will receive confirmation in this same manner when the abstract is accepted and assigned. Assignments as to scheduled presentation day and time from the slating committee are final. There will be a designated deadline for your final acknowledgement of participation after which if not acknowledged, your presentation may be dropped from the schedule. Accepted abstracts will be posted on the web site after the program schedule has been finalized.
If you encounter problems submitting or editing your abstract, contact Conference Services at 435 797-7902, or via e-mail at email@example.com